There are many ways to help:
1) If you live in DC, go by The Big Bad Woof, 117 Carroll Street NW, DC • Weekdays 10am-8pm • Weekends 10am-6pm • In the heart of Old Takoma, one block away from Takoma Red Line Stop. Donations can be made in the store.
2) If you want to help, have a dog and live in Northern VA come by Bark'N Bubbles Dog Wash Herndon Saturday September 19 between 11AM and 3PM. Wag'N volunteers will wash your pooch while you relax! Price per wash is $21. A donation box will also be available.
3) You can swing by the Wag'N 4 The Cure event September 12 and/or 13 at Dogma Bakery in Arlington VA. The event is primarily about raising funds for Canine Cancer Research however there will be several ways to make donations. For more information about the event and how you can participate click HERE
4) You can also make donations online via the wagn4u.com site in two ways
a) Make a donation to O2 Fur Life Fund HERE
b) Gear Wag'N Charity Gear HERE
c) Sponsor the DC FIRE DEPT by making a kit donation HERE
5) By making a check payable to:
Add "O2FurLife - DC Fire" in the comment line
and send it to
Wag'N Enterprises, LLC
Attn: O2 Fur Life - DCFIRE
795 Center St, Ste 5B,
Herndon, VA 20170
Every fire department across the country needs pet oxygen masks on their fire engine or to a minimum at least one per Battalion Chief.
Washington DC Fire needs more than 11 kits!
Due to the economy and the DC budget, pet oxygen mask kits need to be donated to the department at this time.
The 11 kits will be distributed as follows:
Each Battalion Chief will get 1 set (there are 7 Battalion Chiefs) and
Each K9 Unit will be outfitted with one set (there are 4 K9 Units).
The first goal is to get these 11 kits. Wag'N will keep raising funds for DC Fire!
Pet oxygen masks save pet lives. Just like humans pets suffer from smoke inhalation when there is a residential fire. Human masks are not the best fit (our facial anatomy is just too different). No one is asking the firefighters to choose human over animal life. If a firefighter saves a pet, that pet will need oxygen on the scene just like we do! Smoke inhalation can be fatal to all living beings! Please help us make a difference!
Remember that the pet's life they save could be your own!
All help is appreciated!